Marching Into A New Season

Hello, Tigers! With football season underway, the school spirit is circulating throughout all the students – even the Freshman have been seen supporting our players. However, one aspect of these events that many students have had slip past their mind is the Marching Band. The Grissom Marching Tiger Band has 2 performances every game – a Pregame show and a Halftime show – in which our musicians march on the field to various songs, creating fantastic imagery with their formations. While these performances are not the main attraction for football games, they certainly do give a refreshing intermission for the spectators, as well as the teams.

While the marching band does perform at all of the football games, they do have other opportunities throughout the fall. There are 3 marching band competitions between September and October, all of which will showcase not only our very own musicians, but bands from all over the state as well. These competitions are a great way for students to show their support of the marching band, as well as the school in general. However, these competitions would not be an easy outing for most students. Tickets to these events cost about $10-$15 per person, and then optional concessions could add about $20-$35. Also, these events last from around Noon to Midnight, meaning that these would best be done as a group/family.

Whether you plan on attending the football games, the competitions, or both, the Grissom Band would appreciate your support in all of their endeavors. Showing school spirit is the best way to show support for the programs that make our school stand out above the rest, and we need your help. If you wish to attend any of these events, you can look at both the football schedule and the Grissom Band Calendar for all future performances. Goooooooo TIGERS!